Heartwarming: Lost in Space
1998 Film Version
- Will convincing the Robot to fight Smiths programing and help him and the others.
Robot: Robot will save Will Robinson, Robot will save his friend.
- Heck, all the Will and Robot scenes are adorable really.
- Using the the ship's weapons as a signal flare, so West and the others could find their way back, awww.
- Penny trying to console Will over their father not paying attention to them shows that despite her joking threats, she actually does care about her little brother.
- John saving Future!Will from falling to his death.
Future!Will: You could have taken the core and left before it was too late?John: I couldn't let you fall, you're my boy.
- Future!Will forcing John into the time portal in order to save the others. Then his jubilation at the fact that the device actually worked.
Future!Will: It worked!John: Come with us!Future!Will: ...I can't, only enough power for 'one person, one trip' remember? Take care of 'em, Will...
- Will saying goodbye to Dr. Smith in "The Space Croppers". After all the crap Smith's done, Will still wants to be friends with him.
- Even better, the look on Dr. Smith's face after Will walks away shows he's really going to miss Will.
- Similarly, when Will asks Dr. Smith to be his Parental Substitute when it seems they're stuck on Earth together in "The Raft".