The TV SeriesEpisode 1: Pilot
- Ravi's treatment of Liv is an episode long crowning moment of heartwarming. He accepts Liv's undead status unconditionally, and when she explains how she became a zombie, his first thought is how hard it must be for her to have no one to confide in. He also implores her to stop thinking of herself as dead and is hard at work trying to find a cure for her condition.
- Any moment where Liv reflects on the bright side of being undead, but especially this parting sentiment:
Liv: There were parts of me that were dead even before I became a zombie, so maybe that means there's parts of me that can spring to life, even now that I'm dead.
- Major and Ravi bonding over a mutual love of RPGs and video games; Ravi had no interest in moving in with Major and even tried to drive him away at first, but the two hit it off enough for him to be willing to forgo his issues with living with others to give it a shot.
- When seems as if Lowell has lost interest in Liv, he admits that the mixed signals are from eating the brains of a gay man. Once that's cleared up, Liv enjoys an evening goofing around with her briefly Gay Best Friend.
- After Liv calls him out on being a customer of Blaine's without knowing where Blaine got his victims from, Lowell goes out and gets a brain by himself, by robbing a grave. He targets a fresh burial, sitting through the funeral until its over before digging the grave back up for the brain, because as painful as it all was, at least it meant not going to Blaine. Why did he do all that? Because he loves Liv enough to go the extra mile for his brain fix.
- Later, the two of them plan to kill Blaine to stop his cycle of kid-killing and brain harvesting; as a customer, he lures him into a trap and using the marine sniper brain she ate Liv awaits to shoot him in the head, but she can't go through with it. Despite being terrified of just distracting Blaine for the plan and earlier mentioning he's a Non-Action Guy, Lowell tells her once more he loves her before trying to do the plan himself, for her. He gets a bullet to the head for it, and she's forced to watch.
- Liv is at the bottom of a bottle. The Bartender does his job and cuts her off after she drinks a truly astonishing amount of alcohol. He asks her who he has to call to come pick her up. The guy she has him call; Major—the man whose heart she broke, and is going through some pretty tough times himself (not the least of which is an up and coming stay at a mental hospital). He takes her home, literally tucks her into bed, and spends the rest of the night consoling her until she falls asleep. Up until that point, there really wasn't a lot of screen time between Major and Liv—and it really drives home the fact that despite their mutually failed attempts to get over the other, they both are still very much in love.
- Liv finally tells Major the whole truth, even about being a zombie. He thinks she making fun of him at first, but he quickly shows himself to be the epitome of an Understanding Boyfriend, and they hug it out. Then by the end of the episode, it all goes sour. Liv's talk with Major was just a delusion from the schizophrenic brains she ate. Major has learned about zombies via his own investigation, and he has sworn to exterminate them all. Oh Crap!.