Heartwarming: Highschool of the Dead
- Takashi's words as he embraces Rei in the first episode. It's both heartwarming and tearjerking.
Takashi: On the day everything came to an end, I killed my best friend, then I held the girl that I loved... for the first time in my life.
- One of the more disheartening examples occurs during the third episode, when Takashi and the others are escaping from the school with another group of survivors. One of the other group's survivors, Takuzo, is overwhelmed and soon mobbed by "them". When his girlfriend, Naomi, sees this, she rushes back to his side and certain death, without a moment's hesitation. Saya tries to tell her that it's too late to save him:
Saya: Wait a minute! You heard me, didn't you? He's not gonna make it! Why are you going back to him?!
Shizuka: [solemnly] I understand. If the entire world turned into this, I'd rather die with the person that I loved.
- There were few moments of happiness in Asami's life, in the few chapters we saw of her. But seeing her face light up, then break down in Tears of Joy when Hirano asked her to come with them was one of them. Except it wasn't allowed to happen.
- Kohta giving Saya his MP5 and taking her pistol when she was complaining about feeling useless. This wouldn't be a huge deal most of the time, but for a gun otaku like Kohta it means a lot. The others who saw it treat them like they got caught making out.
- A slightly morbid example from the third extra chapter has the undead Morita approaching the undead Misuzu (the BFF with Odango Hair). At least in death he finally got the girl....
- Takashi saluting to his Ithaca shotgun after leaving it behind to get a more powerful shotgun is kind of heartwarming too.
- Ever since they rescued Alice, Hirano and Saya have gradually become her foster parents, with chapter 29 being the best example, thus far.
- When Alice falls off her bike while scouting the area, Saya sees she's in danger and immediately goes into Mama Bear mode and opens fire. She even tells Hirano not to help her, because she was determined to do it herself, with Hirano voicing his support as Saya hits the sweet spot.
- Afterward, she whaps Alice on the noggin for making her worry and tells her to be more mindful next time. Alice apologizes and they share a hug, while Hirano suggests it may be best to take a somewhat firmer approach with her, from now on. Then asks Saya if she'd like his jacket since she'd gotten soaked. The entire scene plays out like an exchange between a man and wife with their daughter.
- Rei finding proof her dad is still alive, and then reuniting with her mother in the next chapter.