- Veronica inviting Betty Finn to play croquet. It's the only time she looks like she's genuinely enjoying herself.
- In a weird way, seeing the pictures of Heather Duke playing with Martha Dunnstock at summer camp. She wasn't always such a bitch. At the end of the movie when Veronica takes away her red scrunchie (the symbol of her power), she actually seems to accept it, so there's still hope for her yet.
- Veronica stopping Heather Mc Namara from committing suicide and convincing her not to throw her life away. They end up having a genuine Friendship Moment afterwards.
- The end, where Veronica invites Martha to sit the prom out and rent some movies together.
- In the beginning of the film, Heather Duke and Veronica seem to be the friendliest to each other of the Heathers, with Veronica helping Duke purge and Duke laughing with Veronica about JD's "prank" on Kurt and Ram.
- After Heather Chandler's funeral, Veronica and Heather McNamara, surprised to see Heather Duke carelessly eating a chicken wing, question her about her bulimia. When Heather Duke responds with an emphatic "fuck it," Veronica can be seen giving a genuine smile.
- "I can't promise no more Heathers, high school may not ever end. Still, I miss you. I'd be honored, if you'd let me be your friend..."
- "If no one loves me now, someday somebody will."
- Veronica rescuing Martha from being humiliated at Ram's party by the Heathers.
- This exchange, at the climax:
Veronica: I don't deserve to live.J.D.: I... respectfully... disagree.
- Which then leads into "I Am Damaged," which is mostly heartbreaking, but we do have this line: "I am damaged. Far too damaged. But you're not beyond repair."
- Veronica's mother walking into her room at the very end of Meant To Be Yours, kindly offering her a snack. She loves her daughter so genuinely, and it's especially sweet in the cynical tone of the story. Horribly sad for a moment as she believes that her daughter's committed suicide, but given she was faking her death, the heartbreak is averted. Doubles as a Call Back to ' Candy Store ', ("If you lack the balls/You can go play dolls/Have your mommy fix you a snack")
- The bridge of "Dead Girl Walking:"
And you know, you know, you know,
it's 'cause you're beautiful.
You say you're numb inside, but I can't agree.
So the world's unfair;
keep it locked out there!
In here, it's beautiful.
Let's make this beautiful!
- When Heather McNamara tries to commit suicide and Veronica averts it, ending with a hug.
Veronica: If you were happy everyday of your life you wouldn't be human. You'd be a game show host.Heather: Thanks for coming after me.Veronica: You're welcome.
- A meta example: J.D.'s actor from the movie, Christian Slater, visiting the cast of Heathers the Musical. You didn't know you needed it, but you did.
- As Ryan McCartan (the original J.D. in the musical) put it, "Christian Slater wore this coat, so I have asked the wardrobe department to never wash it."
- J.D. comforting Veronica after Kurt and Ram humiliate her, and attempting to beat the crap out of them both for making her cry. It's one of those moments that remind you that, in his own twisted way, he does truly love Veronica. Of course, it crosses into heartbreaking when you see what happens next, and the fact that J.D. and Veronica genuinely love each other just makes it all the more tragic.
- In several productions, Heather McNamara can be seen helping Heather Duke stand back up after Heather Chandler pushes her down during Candy Store.
- Heather Duke seems to make a Heel–Face Turn in the final musical number, hugging several other members of the cast.