- Veronica inviting Betty Finn to play croquet. It's the only time she looks like she's genuinely enjoying herself.
- In a weird way, seeing the pictures of Heather Duke playing with Martha Dunnstock at summer camp. She wasn't always such a bitch.
- The end, where Veronica invites Martha to sit the prom out and rent some movies together.
- "I can't promise no more Heathers, high school may not ever end. Still, I miss you. I'd be honored, if you'd let me be your friend..."
- "If no one loves me now, someday somebody will."
- Veronica rescuing Martha from being humiliated at Ram's party by the Heathers.
- This exchange, at the climax:
Veronica: I don't deserve to live.J.D.: I... respectfully... disagree.
- Which then leads into "I Am Damaged," which is mostly heartbreaking, but we do have this line: "I am damaged. Far too damaged. But you're not beyond repair."
- The bridge of "Dead Girl Walking:"
And you know, you know, you know,
it's 'cause you're beautiful.
You say you're numb inside, but I can't agree.
So the world's unfair;
keep it locked out there!
In here, it's beautiful.
Let's make this beautiful!
- When Heather McNamara tries to commit suicide and Veronica averts it, ending with a hug.
Veronica: If you were happy everyday of your life you wouldn't be human. You'd be a game show host.Heather: Thanks for coming after me.Veronica: You're welcome.
- A meta example: J.D.'s actor from the movie, Christian Slater, visiting the cast of Heathers the Musical. You didn't know you needed it, but you did.
- As Ryan McCartan (the original J.D. in the musical) put it, "Christian Slater wore this coat, so I have asked the wardrobe department to never wash it."