- It's hard not to listen to "The Spirit Carries On" without having a smile on your face by the end of the song.
- The finale of "Finally Free" ( before the ending kills the mood) from Metropolis, pt 2.
"We'll meet again my friend...someday soon..."
- "I Walk Beside You" has what are possibly the most inspirational lyrics in any Dream Theater album. The song conveys the message that no matter how bad a situation may be for you, there is always someone who wants to help you through it.
- Of that same album, "The Answer Lies Within".
- The last segment of "Illumination Theory".
- "Caught in a Web" is the band's tribute to people suffering from body image/social image issues, and them telling said people that it's alright to not be what others consider "attractive".
- The entire band as a whole is this, they all show love and care for each other, such as when they all pulled James out of his stump (and especially when he was debating leaving the band) after damaging his vocals during the Alive tour. Mike himself (before he sadly went into Jerk Ass territory later on..) even showed love and care for his bandmates, especially towards Jordan, Petrucci, and Myung (especially when you remember they formed the band together).
- A heartwarming case with the fact that Mike and Jordan Ruddess finally met up, making fans feel happy to know those two are still friends.