Heartwarming: Carpe Jugulum
- From the Quite Reverend Mightily Oats: "Everywhere I look I see something holy."
- His two halves are no longer fighting. They agree that there is good, and there is evil, and the one should be fought for the sake of the other.
- Mightily Oats's character development in general was really heartwarming. In the beginning he's in such a pitiful state, not knowing what he should believe or what the right thing to do is, desperately clinging to the words of others in hopes of keeping his faith strong. Then it all gets even worse when he learns the vampires wrote parts of his holy books. Now he doesn't even know if his texts are sacred. He wants to be a good person, but he doesn't want to make any kind of judgment because he might be wrong. But Oats comes through in the end, when both parts of him come together as one and he makes a decisive swing of the axe, a swing not even the vampire saw coming. All his life, he had been convinced there was a "Good Oats" telling him to keep his faith and a "Bad Oats" asking him all the inconvenient questions he didn't want to think about. But he finally learns that both Oatses are an important part of him: He needs to be open-minded, he needs to try to understand other points of view, but he also needs to decide what's right and wrong, he needs to have faith in his own judgment. Nobody knows for sure whether they've made the right choices in life, but they need to make them anyway if they want to do any good with it.
- The lengths to which Hodgesaargh, normally comic relief, went to make sure the baby phoenix would have everything it needed to recover and thrive. There's a man who loves his birds.
- A moment at the end when Granny Weatherwax stands in the phoenix`s fire and doesn`t flinch. She IS good after all, I`d even say Good.
- Death gets a small one when he plays fetch with the late Scraps, then snaps his fingers to facilitate Igor's resurrection of the Franken-dog.
- Admittedly, helping out was probably the only way he'd ever get his scythe back. Scraps is, after all, a very energetic dog.