open/close all folders
What happened to all of the Ferals at the end of the game?
- At the end the only ferals seen are Naja, Rhi'a, and Taupy. Even Naja is leading a squad of humans. Are they all off-screen for the moment, or much more likely. . .
- All of the ferals except for the aforementioned three were not reborn.
- They were all turned into humans.
- They were all turned into regular animals ( Rhi'a is seen chasing a cat that looks kind of like Felis Rex at the end).
- If the ferals really are mostly gone, whether they have vanished or just transformed, then that just seems to have Unfortunate Implications written all over it. You'd think Kyrie and Morte had to listening to Mithos on how to stop racism...
Why did Morte want to destroy the world so badly?
- It's clearly established that she has no major trauma in her past, so what's her rationale?
- In the anime, she had reason for wanting to destroy the world. Namely, the tragic deaths of her family and the crappy treatment of humans. In the game, however, she was just nuts. She got it into her head to destroy the world, and tried to use the fantastic racism as her excuse. If the game hadn't been altered to be more kid-friendly, this might have been better explained, but, such is life.
- I kind of liked how she was crazy. Yeah it made her a Flat Character, but it's not like they weren't aware she only thought "Destroy the world" - durign that Noctua Rex sequence, she has absolutely no regrets and wonders why she doesn't find anything that reminds her of her past.
- How is being one of the core members of the party and only being a Flat Character supposed to be a GOOD thing?
- Perhaps just because it's unusual? Everyone and their mother has a Freudian Excuse or ten in fiction; a character whose craziness just happened is rarer.
Why don't we encounter more humans wearing fake ears in the anime? And why don't Ferals realize that humans would do this and take steps to ensure others' ears are actually attached?
- In a World built on Fantastic Racism that's so easily subverted (do none of these Ferals have animal-quality noses?), why has no one done the obvious? After all, if so many Ferals basically do look like humans with Unusual Ears, why not get the racists off your back with an Animal-Eared Headband? We see human rebels fighting for freedom, but we don't see any "Human Pride" groups or anything that would say that wearing fake ears to protect your neck is the lowest form of cowardice. As to ways to identify a human with fake ears, why not make it a common greeting to gently tug someone else's ears, or even just to twitch them in a specific way that low-tech prosthesis couldn't do? The robots have some way of identifying species that's not visual, as they refused to obey Kyrie even with his ears on and recognized Naja as a half-breed on sight.
Why can't Rhi'a chain her air flurries?
- It makes sense that everyone else can't: they can't fly, so they can't stay in the air long enough to connect the chain. But she clearly can, so why can't she chain them? Granted, the battle system is pretty cut-and-paste from character to character, but most of them are pretty similar in style anyway: they're all melee attackers with the occasional special move. She shoots and flies, two things no one else does. Her fighting style should be a little different in more than just animation.