Funny: Valley Girl
- Julie is slightly embarrassed that her parents are, well, hippies who try to relate to her rather than be parents. True enough, when she gets home late after hooking up with Randy her parents comfort her rather than scold her.
- The drivers' education portion of Julie's school day, where she and her three friends hold a talk-fest about Julie hooking up with Randy. Meanwhile, the poor driving instructor (Richard Sanders!) is screaming for dear life in the passenger seat...
- While Randy is beating the crap out of Jerk Ass Tommy offstage, behind the stage curtain, the members of Josie Cotton's backing band keep stealing glances at the action while the teacher who is supposed to introduce the king and queen of the prom drones on.
- Randy's words of wisdom while driving through downtown Hollywood: "If they attack the car, save the radio!"
- At the prom, two of Tommy's friends are accosted by one of the teachers at the punch bowl right after they have spiked it. The teacher decides that he wants to sample the punch, so the boys are sweating bullets while the teacher looks for cups (Suzi had been tasked with bringing cups, but she had yet to show up). Finding no cups, the teacher dips his finger into the punch bowl and tastes the punch that way. His verdict? "A little flat."