Tim Minchin and the Heritage Orchestra: Free Jazz!
- When he talks to the audience:
Audience Member: WE LOVE YOU!
Tim: It's nice to see that you already nominated a spokesperson. And the consensus seems to be that you love me. That's incredible, that's, oh fuck off. Let's just skip the pleasantries and have an enormous orgy.
- Oh this, this is my orchestra.
It's nice to finally have my orchestra. I've always felt deep down that at the very least I deserve an entire symphony orchestra.
- William and Kate got married the day of one of the performances:
The good thing about the royal wedding... *beat
* Speaking of things I don't care about, this is my band!
- Tim screwing with the conductor. And asking an audience member to rub one out in order to see if a spell he performed worked. Or at least tweet him the results.
- The amazingly large number of statistics fans in the audience.
- Tim has two guilty pleasures: wine because the money he spends on it could go towards immunizing children in poor countries (which is why he savors it) and cheese.
- Before the Tear Jerker that is "Beauty", Tim had this to say:
The next song is about my is about doing this (performing) and only really applies to me—or other people with the same experiences as me—so it's rather self-indulgent. Which is really
saying something considering I just performed a 7 1/2 minute song about cheese.
- Before performing the final song, Tim comments that he has always ended the show with the same song ("Darkside") and has been trying to come up with a better one and earlier that year he finally gave up.
- During the "Darkside": Free Jazz!