Funny: The Wall
Although it's regarded as one of the bleakest rock albums ever made, The Wall actually has a sense of humor.
- In the album version of "Nobody Home", the television in the background is airing an episode from Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.. When Pyle delivers his famous catchphrase "Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!", Waters (as Pink) immediately follows it up with the line, "There's still nobody home".
- 'Go on, Judge, SHIT ON HIM!'
- In the album, when Judge Arse declares, "Fills me with the urge to DEFECATE!", someone (Pink?) screams, "No!!! Don't do it!" In the film, Doll!Pink wears an expression of horror, while the audience gives a loud GASP!.
- The DVD Commentary by Roger Waters and Gerald Scarfe is a fountain of these:
Waters: What are those flowers, doing Gerald?Waters: That one's turned into a carrot!
- During the animation of the flowers in the song "What Shall We Do Now?":
"We're right here, Bob, no need to shout."
- Waters' response to Pink screaming "STOP!!!" towards the end.
- In the film, Pink's manager's reaction upon seeing his wrecked hotel room just before "Comfortably Numb" starts:
- He then proceeds to stuff hundred dollar bills in the horrified hotel manager's hands.
- The police savagely beat the looters, toss them in a paddy wagon, and completely fail to notice two old ladies looting a mighty haul of electronics and toddling off with the stolen goods.