Funny: The Vinyl Scratch Tapes
The Celestia Interview
- "How are you my boss and don't call me Octy!"
Octavia: It's too late for me to quit, isn't it?Vinyl: Haha, eeyup.
The Spitfire Interview
- When discussing Photo Finish's negative reaction to her interview:
Octavia: "She threw [a camera] at your head!"Vinyl: "Yes. For free."
- Discussing Princess Celestia:
Octavia: She's the ruler of all Equestria!
- When discussing Blueblood cancelling his scheduled interview:
Octavia: There you go insulting ponies you’ve never met again.DJ-P0n3: You’re just mad because he’d be the only guest we’ve had snootier than you.Octavia: He is not snootier than me!(DJ-P0n3 bursts out laughing.)Octavia: Wait, I mean I’m not snooty! I mean he’s not snooty! I mean, ugh, shut up!
The Call-In Show
Octavia: Yes. Very.Vinyl: What happened to the proper lady I knew?!Octavia: She met you. That's what happened.
- The Diamond Dogs' attempts at prank calling, which fail due to the station not having a refrigerator or tobacco. And Vinyl being smart enough to hang up quickly. And the Diamond Dogs' inability to impersonate a pony.
DJ-P0n3: (Clears throat, speaks up) So, Prince Blueblood, thanks for coming to our very illegal concert. Please continue with your not-at-all delusional story about how we’re evil and you’re the moral paragon.Blueblood: Why yes, thank you, I believe I shall.Octavia: (whispering) D-does he not understand you were being sarcastic?DJ-P0n3: (quiet laugh) I don’t think he gets the concept of sarcasm at all.Blueblood: (clears throat) Do you remember last month when you interviewed my Aunt Celestia?DJ-P0n3: (Rolls eyes) No, I had completely forgotten interviewing the ruler of Equestria.Blueblood: Oh. (He pauses, then continues without any irony.) Well, last month you interviewed my—Octavia: We remember, okay?! What about it?
The Second Call-In Show
- Blueblood calls to announce his new competing show:
Blueblood: Hmph! Enjoy your immaturity while you can. For you see, K-COLT has just entered its winter.Octavia: Oh no, I’m so frightened.DJ-P0n3: Yes, we’re totally soiling ourselves in fear over here…Blueblood: (without irony) And rightfully so!Octavia: sigh Still as good at detecting sarcasm as you ever were…Blueblood: Oh…Well, thank you for the compliment.Octavia: No, I was being…Ugh, you know what, never mind.
- The bit before this with Vinyl repeatedly hanging up on Blueblood, and him getting more and more annoyed each time.
The Ensemble Interview
- When discussing the first broadcast of Blueblood and Trixie's show:
Octavia: His co-host reminds me of somepony…DJ-P0n3: Hm? What do you mean?Octavia: Well, let’s see…she’s obnoxious…DJ-P0n3: Yeah?Octavia: She has an ego the size of the moon…DJ-P0n3: Uh huh?Octavia: And she’s a gigantic hammy unicorn who seems to crave any attention from everypony?DJ-P0n3: Soooo?Octavia: This ... you don’t see any similarities between her and somepony else our listeners might be familiar with?[Pause.]DJ-P0n3: ... Harpo?Octavia: No it’s not Harp— you’re just messing with me, aren’t you?DJ-P0n3: (Grinning) When am I not?