- During a diplomatic dinner, Hunter bets Nova that he won't be able to steal all jewelry (earrings, two bracelets, a necklace and a gemstone comb) from Dawn in five minutes or less. A few moments later, Hunter meets and strikes a conversation with Shining Armor and Cadence, only to be interrupted by Nova tossing the necklace and earrings at him, before merging back into the crowd.
Hunter: Crikey! I haven't got a bit on me!
- Princess Luna visits Nova in his quarters to talk with him, and he instantly tries to remember if he has swiped anything from her.
- Nova chatting with Steel and Cappy at the edge of Canterlot in the epilogue.
Cappy: This is Nova, huh? Your description definitely pegged him.
Nova: Ooh, did it? Whatíd he say?
Cappy: Something about you being the most honorable and yet sarcastic thief heíd ever met. I donít think he was far off.
Nova: (Jawdrops) Sarcastic? Honorable? Thief? (Shakes head) Captain, weíve been over this before. How many times do I have to tell you? Itís sarcastic, then cynical and dashingly handsome. And Iím starting to prefer the term rogue. It sounds a bit more exciting. (Strikes pose)
The Definition of Strength
- Steel Song describing the levels of formality his subordinates have about coming into his office, with Sky Bolt and Nova at the bottom. Sky Bolt has a tendency to knock, open the door before being given permission, then apologize and go back out to wait. Nova just knocks, strolls inside, then automatically drops and gives fifty push-ups.
- Steel mentions that some unspecified family business is bothering him, and Dawn immediately thinks he and Cappy have kids on the way.
Hearth's Warming Cookies
- Jammer and Nova playing the question game:
Jammer: What do you do on my uncleís team?
Nova: Whatever he asks me to.
Jammer: What does he ask you to do?
Nova: Sorry, (grins) but thatís two questions. My turn. How old are you?
Jammer: Iím six! And Iíll be seven in another two months! What did you do before you were a Guard?
Nova: I thought you wanted to know what your uncle had me doing?
Jammer: Too late. I changed it. So what did you do?
Nova: IÖ (looks down and cuts out more cookies) I was an asset relocation engineer.
Jammer: A what?
Nova: Thatís more than one question.
- Click is sneaking off cookies from others' plates. Steel suggests he take one from Nova, with predictable results.
Click: Well, in that caseÖ I think Iíll take Ö this one! (Grabs a cookie) Thisíll go nicely with my Ö hey! Where did all my cookies go?
- Jammer asks about Nova's reaction to Sparkle giving him a cookie and his father explains that she has given him much more than a simple cookie - she has given him a friend. This prompts Jammer to wonder if he needs to buy presents for Nova as well now.
Being a story about Discord, it is choke full of such moments.
- Discord's visiting himself in the very beginning.
- Discord absent-mindedly changing two guards into Fluttershy and Twilight lookalikes.
- The whole first half of Discord's talk with Luna