Sometimes amidst all the horrific scenes, big and small, guaranteed to emotionally crush you, The Line
has the gall to be goddamn funny.
- Some of Lugo's early jokes, before the horror kicks in. For instance, his "hot girl-dead body ratio". *
- The Radioman's Gallows Humor and overall hamminess make him a very entertaining character, despite all the sadistic taunting. He maintains his cheery personality even in the midst of various horrible occurrences.
- For example, his 'singing' along to Dies Irae at the end of the sixth mission while the team is getting pounded by machine gun fire and missiles.
- Even more hilarious when Lugo comments on his choice of music, while under fire.
Lugo: Ha! I love this song!
Walker: Shut the fuck up and run!
- Then there's his reaction to the result of Riggs' little plan for Dubai's water...
Walker: Go fuck yourself.
) Whoa, whoa, whoa
! Let's keep it clean, buddy! This is, after all, a family program. Rated E... for Everyone's Thirsty
- His surprisingly friendly demeanour when Delta raids the radio tower is rather disarming, and produces this little gem when Lugo asks him how far the tower can broadcast:
- Should you take your time, and explore Konrad's home, instead of immediately going to see Konrad in the ending then he expresses annoyance at Walker for wasting his time and orders Walker to come meet with him already. The tone of voice he uses sounds like an annoyed parent scolding their child for misbehaving.
- Not to mention, if you find the intel in the room, he says to join him "when you're finished rifling through my things."
- A bit of ironic humor can be found on a sign right outside Konrad's base of operations. If you look at the door where the Lugo Heavy pops out from you will see a sign that says, "No firearms in this room — Violators will be shot." Kind of an oxymoron if one stops to think about it.
- Made even funnier by the fact that the 33rd inside that room ARE carrying weapons, and they're shooting at you. Either Walker is the enforcer who is shooting the 33rd, thus treating them as violators of that rule, or the 33rd is treating Walker as the violator. In any case no one is in the right in this situation, all of the rules have been broken.