- Gale and Evelle robbing the rural bank:
Gale: All right, ya hayseeds, it's a stick-up. Everybody freeze. Everybody down on the ground![beat as no one moves]Hayseed: Well, which is it, young feller? You want I should freeze or get down on the ground? Mean to say, if'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop. And if'n I drop, I'm a-gonna be in motion. You see...Gale: Shut up!Hayseed: Okay, then!
- Gale and Evelle when they realize they've left Nathan behind...and, about ten minutes later, when they realize they've done it again.
- Also their escape from prison.
- "You're crazy! I PITY YOOOOU-" *smack!*
- The police-chase scene after H.I. gets busted for stealing Huggies.
- "Nathan Junior accepts me for who I am!" Coupled with Ed's utterly baffled look.
- the fight between H.I. and Gayle in that tiny trailer
- "Son, you got a panty on your head."
- The increasingly-battered copy of Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care that follows Nathan Jr. wherever he goes.
- "Here's the instructions."
- Evelle wants to buy balloons for Nathan Jr.:
Evelle: These blow up into them funny shapes and all?Clerk: Well, no. Unless round is funny.
- "...Seven-hundred ninety-two Mississippi, Seven-hundred ninety-one Mississippi... Aw, bullshit!" (cue Oh Crap! moment when he sees them coming back, and resumes counting.)
- "Maybe it was Utah..."
- The "starter home in suburban Tempe" which turns out to be a trailer in the middle of the desert.