Funny: Radio Days
- Sally's status as the Brainless Beauty leads to many amusing moments, particularly her reaction to the attack on Pearl Harbor.
Sally: Who is Pearl Harbor?
- Sally's diction lessons.
- Bea's date Mr. Manulis running away in fear during the "War of the Worlds" broadcast.
Narrator: He ran off, leaving Aunt Bea to contend with the green monsters he expected to drop from the sky at any moment. She walked home. Six miles. When Mr Manulis called for a date the next week, she told my mother to say she couldn't see him. She had married a Martian.
- The revelation that Joe's substitute teacher is the woman he saw dancing naked in front of her window.
- Joe's grandfather laboring to help his grandmother squeeze into her corset.
Grandpa: A woman in her seventies, and her bosom is still growing!
- The story of Kirby Kyle, the baseball pitcher who lost an arm and a leg and went blind... but still kept playing, because "he had heart".
- Joe's recollection of neighbor Mr. Zipsky losing his mind, running through town in his underwear and brandishing a meat cleaver, with "Mairzy Doats" playing in the background, is one of Allen's most hilarious Black Comedy set pieces.