- When Claudia gets her period, Bailey is the one who ends up taking her to the drugstore, and while she searches for tampons, he searches for condoms for his date that night.
- In one episode, Claudia gets a good review in the paper for her violin playing, and she ends up letting the praise go to her head, and acts like a diva. Later in that episode, Charlie is doing a design project at the last minute, and he asks Bailey and Julia for their help. While the three of them are working, Claudia comes up to them and offers to help, but all three of them tell her with a straight face she shouldn't get involved because she shouldn't do anything to hurt her hands, which she needs for her violin playing. What makes it especially funny is after Claudia storms off, Charlie asks the other two if he was too hard on her, and they look at each other before answering, in unison, "Nah."
- In one episode, Bailey and Julia are arguing over who gets to move into a spare bedroom, and the fight reminds Justin and Sarah of an episode of The Brady Bunch, and while they laugh while remembering it, Bailey and Julia are not amused.
- On the night before Charlie and Kirsten's first attempt at a wedding, they have their respective bachelor and bachelorette parties. For the latter, Claudia attempts to rent Kirsten An Affair to Remember, except there's a porn movie inside the box instead. What makes it especially funny is near the end of the episode, we see the guys at Charlie's bachelor party are watching An Affair to Remember, and tearing up.
- A season 6 episode reveals that sweet and innocent Kirsten has a thing for tying guys up. The end of the episode has Charlie unpacking her shopping bags to find a pair of scarves.
- Kirsten's stress about her season 2 wedding in the episode "Dearly Beloved" gives us a load of them:
- At the start she comes home 6 hours early from a shopping trip with her mother (at the other end of the country) with an incoherent rant about them arguing about her dress. Complete with mad hand gestures too.
- When she gets sick of everyone else interfering with her plans Charlie finds her in the garden counting to 1000 through clenched teach because "10 didn't work, 100 didn't work".
- Another one that qualifies is Kirsten trying on the Salinger mother's wedding dress which of course does not fit. It's apparently the last straw for her as when Charlie tries to calm her down she shrieks: "A little anxious!? I'm gonna need a straitjacket! Hey, why don't I wear one of those? It's white, it's classic and it'll fit me better than this!"
- In "Change Partners And Dance" Charlie subtly tells Kirsten she's a lot like her mother, prompting this exchange.
Kirsten: "Okay, how about that time we made love in the laundry room?"Charlie: "Okay, I give. How about that time?"Kirsten: "Well that was pretty spur-of-the-moment"Charlie: "Yeah, I guess. That was...last year"Kirsten: "I don't always make plans. You know what, I was supposed to call the man about the invitations today. And you know what, I didn't. (claps hands together, looking even crazier) What the hell!
- One of Julia's stories gets published in a magazine (against her will) and we gradually find out that her characters are all negative exaggerations of her family's quirks. For example, Claudia reads herself as a robotic violinist, Bailey gets "sex drive with legs" and we never find out Charlie's.
- A season 1 episode has Claudia go missing. The siblings call the police and have the neighborhood searched overnight. They come downstairs the next morning to find Claudia sitting at the kitchen table. It turned out she'd been at a sleepover and they'd all forgotten.
- When Claudia is to move into Julia's old room she decides to say farewell to the tent where she'd been sleeping in the living room for the past two years. How does she do this? By playing "Nearer My God To Thee" as her friend Jody takes the tent down.
- At the start of a season 1 episode Claudia tries to set Ross up with a waitress from the restaurant but he reveals he is gay and Claudia spends the whole episode learning An Aesop. At the end Ross finds Claudia back in the restaurant and you're expecting a sort of Golden Moment coming...but instead Claudia brings over a waiter to introduce to him.
- Bailey gets jealous of one of Sarah's friends and punches him, naturally annoying her. He then buys a Valentine's card written in Spanish and "translates" it as:
Bailey: "Love is a many splendered thing and high on that list of splenders, way high, is you"Sarah tries not to smileBailey: And, look, it keeps going on the back, "because not only are you beautiful and brilliant and amazing, but you're also" what's this word? "Forgiving about idiot boyfriends who take you for granted or who make selfish choices about monster truck shows". Wow, it actually says that? "And who do stupid things but only because they're so afraid of losing you".Sarah smilesBailey: (reading the bottom of the card) "Ole".
- Claudia all doped up on pain medication after breaking her arm.
Charlie: Is your Aunt Roberta the one in rehab?Kirsten: No, she's the one with the inner ear problem.Charlie: Have I mentioned how happy I am about becoming a part of your family.Claudia: (singing from the living room) Glory glory hallelujah!Kirsten: Yeah, you're one to talk.
- Julia meeting Justin's new girlfriend in season 6 - by getting woken up on the couch by her heart monitor. Laura talks so quickly and casually about Julia's abusive relationship with Ned (that Justin had told her about).
Laura: A guy I dated in Freshman Year tried to get tough with me once.Julia: What did you do?Laura: I fractured his larynx. I'm a third degree black belt.Julia: Oh good for you.Justin walks in.Justin: Oh I see you two have met.Laura: You're right, she is really great.Julia: How can you tell? I'm not even conscious yet.