- The moment where, in the middle of chasing Dodd, Leonard resets. "OK, so what am I doing? Oh, I'm chasing this guy." Dodd then fires a gun at him. "No, he's chasing me." What really sells it is how nonchalantly he delivers it it.
- Kicking down the wrong motel room's door, and using it to knock the wrong guy unconscious, because he misread Natalie's note. "Sorry."
- A nice bit of Black Comedy:
Natalie: What was the last thing that you do remember?
Leonard: My wife.
Natalie: That's sweet.
Leonard: ...Dying. I remember my wife dying.
- Another Black Comedy moment, beginning of a scene, we saw Leonard sitting in someone's bathroom, holding a bottle of alcohol, confused because he's not drunk. Then he gets into the shower. When the previous scene connects, we found out that he was in Dodd's apartment, ambushing the guy and picking the bottle as a weapon, then just forgot it and decided to take a shower.
Hmm. I don't...feel drunk....
- Teddy's cheerful delivery of "Lenny!" is bound to have you smiling. Becomes Black Comedy considering what happens in the beginning of the film.
- When Leonard finds that he still has Dodd's gun, but doesn't remember who the gun belongs to. The delivery is what makes it.
Leonard: Must be his; I don't think they'd let someone like me carry a gun.
Teddy: I fuckin' hope not.
- When they first meet, Natalie quickly devises a way to test the validity of Lenny's condition, namely filling a distinctive pewter cup with beer, getting everyone at the bar to spit in it, then slowly and very loudly hocking a loogie into it directly in front of him. She stirs it up, waits a bit, then serves it to him "on the house" to see if he'll drink it. He does.
Natalie: Wow, you really do have a problem.