- After witnessing the Creeper eating the cop's tongue, we have this gem:
Darry: (sarcastically imitating a potential phone call to the police) Hey, bum-fuck police, I'm being chased by a guy who likes to pull tongues out of severed heads with his teeth. Is there a special extension for that?
- There's a great visual gag in the scene in which the Creeper eats the cop's tongue — in the background, a billboard for a delicatessen with the words "TASTES SO DARN GOOD!" can clearly be seen.
- Also, the shot from inside the van of the Creeper tossing a corpse inside it and closing the doors ... and then immediately having to open them again and toss the corpse's severed head inside. Evidently it'd just slipped the creature's mind that the head was still lying in the road, the first time it shut them.
- "Gay fever?"
- After the siblings first encounter the Creeper (who at this point they assume to be a random asshole motorist):
Trish: What the hell was his problem?!Darry: My first guess? (leaning out of the window) INBREEDIIING!
- The Missing Persons flyers Darry looks at are full of freeze frame jokes. One in the remarks section says "Should be considered Armed and Dangerous. Be sure to bring cookies."