- The chase sequence in the opening. Special points go to the Station Inspector's bad leg getting caught in the train door and having him ride it almost to the end of the station.
- The reveal that the Station Inspector is sharing a bath with his dog.
- Another one with the Station Inspector, when he is questionig Hugo why his dog is growling at him
- Station Inspector: Seems Maximilian doesn't like the cut of your jib, little man. He is disturbed by your physiognomy. He is upset by your visage. Why would he not like your face?
- René Tabard, a film historian who specializes in Georges Méliès' filmography, breaks out in laughter when Hugo and Isabelle reveals that Georges is still alive. He then gets shushed for making too much noise in the library.