- In a bit of Gallows Humor, the fat lady screaming at the splattered body of Hudsucker, then Mussburger calmly grabbing Hudsucker's lit cigar and not wanting to waste "a good Montecristo".
- Norville pitching his idea to a tired old mail sorter:
Norville: "See, I don't think I'll be working in this mail room for very long!"Old Timer: "Nope, don't s'pose you will."
- An executive who decides to follow Hudsucker's example mid-way through the movie learns that the high-rise office building's Soft Glass has been replaced with a new type of safety-glass... when he smacks face-first into it at a full sprint and gets stopped cold.
- Amy's reaction to Norville insulting the writer of a hatchet piece on him, unaware that it was actually her:
Norville: "What do you say we do dinner and a show? We can go see The King and I!"
- Never has the invention of the hulahoop been so hilarious.