Funny: Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey is a superhero comic published by DC Comics revolving around a team of women heroes from The DCU. The team is lead by Barbara Gordon, the original Batgirl and currently the information broker and hacker knwon as Oracle, and usually rounded out with Black Canary and Huntress. Other heroines, and some men, appear througout the series as needed, giving the series a somewhat fluid lineup. The series was cancelled in 2009, but revived in 2010 under the Brightest Day banner.
Some of the funny moments within Birds of Prey are:
- In issue #8 of the relaunch, Current, a villain with electricity powers, has been hired by the Calculator as some supervillain muscle, but he did not realize just what sort of league he was playing in.
- In the first series, Helena does a massive Spit Take when Zinda complains that no one will accept her senior citizen's discount.
- "Holy crow, that boy is fancy?!"
- In the first series, Black Canary is chatting with Oracle, and casually brings up how good looking Nightwing is, to which Oracle insists that their relationship is strictly professional. Black Canary then asks Oracle to set her up with Nightwing, in which Oracle decides that she has other business to attend to, and hangs up.
- Dinah, thinking that Barbara is in the shower walks into the bathroom only to find Nightwing there instead. Moments later, Dinah smugly questions Babs, who sheepishly insists nothing happened, while a very red-faced Nightwing leaves discretely.