Astro Boy (2009 film)
- Astro's stunned reaction to the first time his rocket boots fire, including a hilarious expression and a wonderfully prompt (and pretty harsh) slap to his own face.
- And then as shock becomes delight he tries to zip off heroically - only to briefly forget how to power the jets and, on reactivating them, slam himself backwards into a building and then straight up through its stone facade.
- A soldier trying to use windshield wipers when Astro crashes into his ship. Astro's look of sheer annoyance is priceless.
- While trying to catch Astro, one of the ships accidentally snatches up a dog, a tablecloth, and a woman accepting a proposal:
Soldier: "Uh...I'm just gonna take these back."
- Trash Can the robot dog's final attempt to "out" Toby as a robot, spelling out on the ground in huge letters "HE'S A ROBOT!" with an arrow pointing to Astro/Toby to Zane. Made funnier when Zane shrugs, "Almost makes me wish I could read!"
- When the RRF 'rescue' Astro.
Cora: What just happened?
- "Hey! I'm voting for the other guy!"
- When Astro discovers his "accessories".
Astro: What? I got machine guns? In my butt?!
- And the first use of his Arm Cannons: "Hah! Cool!" *blam!* [goes flying backwards]
- When Astro saves one of the guy's after him, and then has to deal with the reinforcements.
Astro: What's with you guys?Guard: I love you!
- Any scene involving the Robot Revolutionary Front.
- The President as the Giant Mecha. Everything out of his mouth is pure hilarious Deadpan Snarker.
- From the first episode, the Inspector asks Dr. O'Shay about the blackout caused by reviving Astro. His explanation? "I can't sleep with the lights on."
- Anytime someone bangs down Tenma's door. Made better by his sheer calmness about it.
Tenma: (surrounded by police) So many visitors. And I didn't even make tea.
- Some of Tenma's creeper moments qualify as well.
Tenma: (disturbing grin) Always a pleasure.Astro: You're creepy.
- Astro Boy continues to sass Dr. Tenma
Astro: (on Tenma's Stalker Without A Crush tendencies) Don't you have anything better to do?
- This◊ moment from the "Astro Reborn" arc.
- There's a scene in one volume where Astro's school friends try to rescue him from a villain in what's generally a Crowning Moment of Awesome, but at one point their choice of taunt to the villain just comes off as hilarious for some reason: "We're going to cut off your beard and throw it in the garbage can!"
- In Hamegg's robot circus, someone asks Astro to point out the good and bad people in the room. He immediately declares Hamegg the worst of all.