YMMV: Astro Boy
- Memetic Hair: Astro Boy in all versions.
Astro Boy (manga)
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Australians make up a large fanbase, partly due to being one of the few countries outside Japan that got the 1982 series.
- I Want My Jet Pack: Despite nuclear energy being utilized rapidly for civilian purposes today, as Tezuka hoped, we're nowhere nearing jetpack stage.
- The Woobie: Astro, during the retelling of his origin in the Scara arc.
Astro Boy (1963 TV series)
- Woolseyism: The original title theme was instrumental. When NBC dubbed the show for their English audience, lyrics were added, sung by a children's chorus.
Astro Boy (1982 TV series)
- Macekre: The English dub is abysmal, with the dialogue sounding like it was made up on the spot by the voice actors.
Astro Boy (2003 TV series)
- Jerkass Woobie: Dr. Tenma.
- The Problem with Licensed Games: The PS2 entry by Sega ended up being incredibly bland in terms of gameplay, among other problems.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Atlas. His first 2 episodes built him up as the perfect Shadow Archetype to Astro. Then, he's sent adrift in space for thirty-something episodes, only to be brought back for one Redemption Equals Death episode, and is brought Back from the Dead to be a minor player in the Grand Finale.
Astro Boy: Omega Factor
- No Problem with Licensed Games: This game on the other hand was much better received. Treasure knows their stuff when it comes to making fun games.
- That One Boss: Carabs, Pluto, Sharaku.
Astro Boy (2009 film)
- Anvilicious: President Stone will say it again and again: he is the president, and for Metro City to depend on him he needs to make a war.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The attack of the giant alien at the end whose only purpose was to give a shirtless Astro an action shot, probably.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Donald Sutherland plays President Stone in the film. Sounds a lot like President Snow, now does it?
- Older Than They Think: Quite a few people claimed that giving him butt lasers was disrespectful to the source material and Astro's creator...
- The Problem with Licensed Games: The tie-in game tried to borrow gameplay from Omega Factor and failed miserably.
- Retroactive Recognition: Grace, the girl Cora gives a chainsaw to, is voiced by Elle Fanning.
- WTH, Casting Agency?: In Brazil, Astro Boy was voiced by this guy.