Meta & Community
- A Japanese blogger mistook a video of an in-game Osprey blowing up for being real and used it as proof that it is unsafe and should not be used in Japan.
- Similar to the above one in Japan, ITV had a little bit of a problem telling the difference between real life and Arma 2 as well.
- At the start of the first campaign mission in Arma 3, the player can have their character walk around the base before hopping into the helicopter, and one of the scenery props... is THIS◊.
- From the Arma 3 v1.12 patch changelog: "Fixed: CTD when a rabbit opens a vehicle's inventory."
- The modability of Arm A series naturally results in several hilarious inventions:
- The existence of ArmA 3 Kart, an 2014 April Fools joke turned real.
- ARMA: Armed Assault, the Queen's Gambit expansion. One word: "Titsabella".
- "Hey, I'm the fuckin' boss here!"
- Tanny's demonstration of Scottish slang
- Kerry's first operation in command of a squad consist of ambushing a convoy to secure an enemy supply truck. If you happen to screw up the ambush, (and there are a MANY ways to do so), destroying the supply truck beyond repair, Kerry will mutter a resigned "Oh, im never gonna hear the end of this"
- The second mission of the second campaign episode in Arma 3 has Kerry linking up with guerrillas on Altis, only to then be ordered into their offroad. Along the way, after being counseled about pretending to be civilians to get through enemy checkpoints, Kerry asks why the guerrillas ordered him to drive and he's told in no uncertain terms: "You are the one they will shoot first."
Kerry: "Oh. Great. I'm honored."
- The dialogue throughout the driving sequence is basically Vitriolic Best Buds.
- During the meeting in the jungle temple:
Salvo: Hey, Truck. [points to a giant statue of a frowning face] Kinda looks like you!Truck: Fuck off, Sal.
- While extracting Keystone, after both your exfil points go to hell:
Salvo: WHAT THE HELL DO WE DO NOW!?Riker: IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS FEEL FREE TO SHARE!Miller: What was your insertion?Miller: I tought you guys were rescuing me.