Meta & Community
- A Japanese blogger mistook a video of an in-game Osprey blowing up for being real and used it as proof that it is unsafe and should not be used in Japan.
- Similar to the above one in Japan, ITV had a little bit of a problem telling the difference between real life and Arma 2 as well.
- From the Arma 3 v1.12 patch changelog: "Fixed: CTD when a rabbit opens a vehicle's inventory."
- The modability of ArmA series naturally results in several hilarious inventions:
- The existence of ArmA 3 Kart, an 2014 April Fools joke turned real.
- While it, sadly, doesn't seem to have made it into the release version of the Jets DLC, the dev build of the USS Freedom and its catapult launch system was a little indiscriminate in what it could launch.
- ARMA: Armed Assault, the Queen's Gambit expansion. One word: "Titsabella".
- "Hey, I'm the fuckin' boss here!"
- Tanny's demonstration of Scottish slang
- At the start of the first campaign mission in Arma 3, the player can have their character walk around the base before hopping into the helicopter, and one of the scenery props... is THIS◊.
- This was inspired by a real-life sign at a US Army FOB in Iraq, which included a final rule: "Do not steal this sign, asshole!"
- Several of the signs, post-it notes and general guidelines show the relaxed enviroment of the troops at the time and are good for a chuckle or two. Such as "One task a day keep the Lt. at bay" or a picture of the AAF top brass with the sign "asshole alert".
- In Camp Maxwell (Pain: you can't get enough) you can hear your fellow survivors express their opinions on the current situation. One of them is the following, regarding the chain of command:
Soldier 1:' Who the hell is this Miller guy?.Soldier 2: British special forces. SBS or some shit.Soldier 1: Yeah, CTRG, whatever the hell that means, for all we know is the fucking royal janitor. I mean, who died and put him in charge?.Soldier 2: *Beat* Mckinnon
- Kerry's first operation in command of a squad consist of ambushing a convoy to secure an enemy supply truck. If you happen to screw up the ambush, (and there are MANY ways to do so), destroying the supply truck beyond repair, Kerry will mutter a resigned "Oh, I'm never gonna hear the end of this"
- The second mission of the second campaign episode in Arma 3 has Kerry linking up with guerrillas on Altis, only to then be ordered into their offroad. Along the way, after being counseled about pretending to be civilians to get through enemy checkpoints, Kerry asks why the guerrillas ordered him to drive and he's told in no uncertain terms: "You are the one they will shoot first."
Kerry: "Oh. Great. I'm honored."
- The dialogue throughout the driving sequence is basically Vitriolic Best Buds.
- Salvo really seems to like getting on Truck's nerves.
Salvo: Hey, Truck. [points to a giant statue of a frowning face] Kinda looks like you!Truck: Fuck off, Sal.
- During the meeting in the jungle temple:
Truck: Who are these guys? why are they targeting us?.Salvo: How could they not, Truck? You have such pretty eyes.Salvo: What is it with you and bullets lately?
- When trying to make sense of an unknown enemy attacking them:
- While extracting Keystone, after both your exfil points go to hell:
Salvo: WHAT THE HELL DO WE DO NOW!?Riker: IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS FEEL FREE TO SHARE!Miller: What was your insertion?Miller: I thought you guys were rescuing me.