- The scene where Kai's bike accidentally explodes, he foolishly tries to put out the flames.
Kaneda: By the way, your bike's on fire.Kai: OH SHIT!
- And after Kai tries to talk Kaneda into using his bike to charge the batteries instead, Kaneda distracts him by pointing out that Kai's bike is still on fire.
- The beginning of the school scene.
Teacher: DISCIPLINE!!!! *SLAP* DISCIPLINE!!! DISCIPLINE!!!! *SLAP* DISCIPLINE!!! DISCIPLINE!!!! *SLAP* DISCIPLINE!!! *SLAP* DIIIIIISSSMISSED!!!!!!!Group: Thank you very much sir!
- The first battle between Kaneda and Tetsuo. Kaneda manages to shoot Tetsuo and wound him, but before he can finish him off, the battery on his Laser Cannon runs out.
- We can't forget the scene when Kaneda and his pals were at the police station. It opens with an Officer looking through files with a picture of Kaneda looking angry like he usually does. Then he put the file down and Kaneda, right in front of him has a goofy smile on his face. Then we see this exchange:
Officer A: All right, the story is, you and your friends went out at night on your bikes to visit your dying mother. Another bunch of biker hooligans, called the Clowns, attacked you. They hurt your friend,you lost your temper, and that's why eight of these Clowns are now in the hospital. (Officer B looks through files of recently brought criminals and a picture of Kei appears on his current page. Kaneda looks over at that picture)Kaneda: Wowee! She's sure hot.Officer B: Hey! This is confidential! (Kaneda chuckles, going back to his seat)Officer A: And how's your mother doing?Kaneda: Fortunately the worst is over. She cleared the hump.Officer A: She cleared the hump, huh? What's next, a triathlon?(Kaneda and a few of his friends laugh)
- The bar scene where Yamagata & Kai run into Tetsuo after his escape:
[Tetsuo crouching on top of some rubble, laughing to himself]Yamagata: It's Tetsuo...Kai: Why are you here...? You did this didn't you!?Tetsuo: Look who's here. [extends out hand, full of pills] Wanna pop one?Yamagata: WHAAAAT the hell are you talking about!? You look like a damn crack head!!
- During the scene at the temporary police station in the gym, one guy busts out of an interrogation room, pursued by several cops, and pulls the pin on a hand grenade while screaming a "Facing the Bullets" One-Liner. Mass "Oh, Crap!" ensues with everyone scrambling to get away... and the grenade fizzles out, followed immediately by a horde of angry police officers tackling the shit out of the guy.
- About five minutes later, as the main characters are walking away, the grenade seems to finally go off at the gym in the background.
- During one of the school scenes, the whole gang is sitting in class but the teacher appears to have not shown up, which leads to this:
Yamagata: But what about my burning desire to learn a vocation and contribute to society?