Fun With Acronyms: Card Games
- The HORSE format consists of alternating rounds of Hold'em, Omaha Hi/Lo, Razz, 7-card Stud and 7-card Stud Eights-or-better. One can't help but feel that the last couple of letters are somewhat forced. There's also HOSE, which is the same but without Razz.
- Magic: The Gathering players have a mnemonic guideline for drafting. Put it all together and it spells BREAD:
- Bombs — high efficiency, high effect. good enough to make you throw out any deck building concept you might have had beforehand.
- Removal — cards that remove other cards.
- Evasion — creatures that are hard to block (flying, shadow, etc.)
- Aggression (or [card] Advantage) — Boring but Practical creatures.
- and Defense (or Dross) — whatever's left.
- In the Yu-Gi-Oh!, there's a monster called a T.A.D.P.O.L.E., one vital component for a Des Frog. While it's an acronym, Konami has never revealed what it stands for. (Fanfic writers have offered many suggestions.)
- There is, of course, the entire game SPANC: Space Pirate Amazon Ninja Catgirls.