At the very beginning, Death watches the birth and wonders if that's what the problem was, or what the solution is going to be. A following exchange occurs:
Death: Quite so. You may very well be right.
- Only during the second reading, one can understand what the Death of Rats meant: "Both."
- It's also Fridge Brilliance that Death only saw Wen fetching Nanny Ogg, not the actual birth. Not only does this conceal the fact that Lobsang and Jeremy are the same person, but it also hides how Death, himself, can't actually see Lobsang.
- How do Susan and Myria/Unity kill Auditors by the score? Chocolate. You might consider it, even, a genocidal tactic. Back in Soul Music, what did Susan's inner monologue name as her mother's favorite dish? Genocide by Chocolate.
- Meta-example: When you read Night Watch, then go back to Thief of Time and realize that the entire section which occurs while time is stopped was happening simultaneously with Vimes' and Carcer's jump back to the past.
- Lu-Tze claims that the word "ninja" is Agatean for "the breaking wind". In other words, they're silent but deadly.