(Last of the Renegades
) is a second part, a sequel to Winnetou I
from 1964, starring Lex Barker as Old Shatterhand, a hero of the West, and Pierre Brice as Winnetou, his blood brother and noble Apache chief.
While Old Shatterhand is after the evil oil speculator Forrester, Winnetou attempts to gather chiefs of other Indian nations to come to a modus vivendi with the white men. A wedding between Merril (Mario Girotti), a lieutenant of the US cavalry and Ribanna (Karin Dor), the daughter of an Assiniboin chief, is meant to cement the peace. But things go awry and nearly end in catastrophe if not for the timely intervention of Winnetou and Old Shatterhand. Lord Castlepool from Der Schatz im Silbersee
makes a welcome second appearance.
- Action Girl: Ribanna sure can fight and knows her archery and other guns.
- Bears Are Bad News: A bear attacks Ribanna at the beginning of the movie.
- Bridal Carry: Winnetou carries Ribanna who was hurt by the bear. She tries to protest, telling him she doesn't feel any pain.
- The Chief's Daughter: Ribanna is not a straight example. She's the only daughter of the Cheif of Assiniboin tribe and she's a gorgeous woman and Action Girl who can fight because she thinks her father wanted a son, but her father dotes on her and has no regrets. She falls in love with Winnetou, a Chief of Apaches. They plan to marry, but alas! Lieutenant Merril likes Ribanna a lot and proposes he marry her — their marriage will cement a treaty of peace between white men and Indians. Most chiefs like the idea and promise not to fight if they indeed do get married.
- Cool Horse: The villain of the story tries to get Old Shatterhand's Hatatitla. The men recognize the name and know that they are dealing with the big hero of the West.
- Damsel in Distress: Ribanna in her first scene. She was attacked by a bear and she fights bravely, but she only has a small knife. Winnetou to the rescue!
- Ideal Hero: Old Shatterhand and Winnetou.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Old Shatterhand can shoot four precise shots in one place from a rather big distance.
- Love Interest: Ribanna for Winnetou. They understand each other perfectly and both are charmed with each other. Sadly, their happiness doesn't last long.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Lord Castlepool.