Film: Wild Beasts
A "nature-runs-amok" film from 1984.Somehow, PCP has ended up in Frankfurt's water supply. This drives local animals mad, especially those in the zoo. Soon, an entire city is in panic.
This film has the examples of:
- Attack of the Killer Whatever: Tigers, lions, cheetahs, stampeding cows, a polar bear, rats, a dog....
- Bears Are Bad News: Suzy's ballet teacher is mauled by a polar bear from the zoo that somehow found its way into the school.
- Big Blackout: When the elephants find their way into an airport runway, their sudden appearance messes up one plane's landing and it crashes on the city's power supply, causing a blackout.
- Blatant Lies: Despite the film opening with a claim that No Animals Were Harmed, some animals are clearly getting hurt, like in the slaughterhouse scene where a lion digs its claws on some cow's back.
- Every Car Is a Pinto: When a woman on the run from a cheetah crashes her car on another one, they both burst into flames.
- Evil Overlooker: The poster for the film has a face of a panther over the carnage carnage caused by the animals. An alternative version has a tiger instead.
- Escaped Animal Rampage: PCP on Frankfurt's water system causes animals to go crazy, and various dangerous beasts escape from the local zoo to terrorize people.
- Fire-Breathing Weapon: When the rats prove too much to handle, they are killed with a flamethrower.
- My Car Hates Me: A couple in their car can't get it started as crazed elephants threaten to kill them.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: As the blind composer is being killed by his guide dog, calm music plays in the background.
- Swarm of Rats: Rats ascend from the sewers and kill a couple making out in their car.
- Twist Ending: The water is affecting children as well, and as Laura goes to pick up her daughter, she finds out that they have killed the school's caretaker.