Film / Wild Beasts
A "nature-runs-amok" film from 1984.
Somehow, PCP has ended up in Frankfurt's water supply
. This drives local animals mad, especially those in the zoo. Soon, an entire city is in panic.
This film has the examples of:
- Attack of the Killer Whatever: Tigers, lions, cheetahs, stampeding cows, a polar bear, rats, a dog....
- Bears are Bad News: Suzy's ballet teacher is mauled by a polar bear from the zoo that somehow found its way into the school.
- Big Blackout: When the elephants find their way into an airport runway, their sudden appearance messes up one plane's landing and it crashes on the city's power supply, causing a blackout.
- Blatant Lies: Despite the film opening with a claim that No Animals Were Harmed, some animals are clearly getting hurt, like in the slaughterhouse scene where a lion digs its claws on some cow's back.
- Every Car Is a Pinto: When a woman on the run from a cheetah crashes her car on another one, they both burst into flames.
- Evil Overlooker: The poster for the film has a face of a panther over the carnage carnage caused by the animals. An alternative version has a tiger instead.
- Escaped Animal Rampage: PCP on Frankfurt's water system causes animals to go crazy, and various dangerous beasts escape from the local zoo to terrorize people.
- Fire-Breathing Weapon: When the rats prove too much to handle, they are killed with a flamethrower.
- My Car Hates Me: A couple in their car can't get it started as crazed elephants threaten to kill them.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: As the blind composer is being killed by his guide dog, calm music plays in the background.
- Swarm of Rats: Rats ascend from the sewers and kill a couple making out in their car.
- Twist Ending: The water is affecting children as well, and as Laura goes to pick up her daughter, she finds out that they have killed the school's caretaker.