Film: The Last Days Of Disco
This film provides examples of the following tropes:
- The Cameo: Characters from director Whit Stillman's previous films Metropolitan and Barcelona make appearances.
- Coolest Club Ever: The disco nightclub, based on Studio 54, is "impossible to get into."
- Creative Closing Credits/Dance Party Ending: The end credits shows characters, people on the subway and even people on platforms dancing to "Love Train".
- End of an Era: This film, like Boogie Nights shows characters who have a good time in the late 70s react to changes brought on by the 80s.
- The Last Title: The title.
- Monster Roommate: Charlotte and Alice drive each other mad.
- New York Subway: Where Charlotte accuses a fellow rider of groping her, and where the last scene takes place.
- Production Throwback: Characters from previous Whit Stillman films Metropolitan and Barcelona make appearances.