What can we say about The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things? Well, Cole and Dylan Sprouse plays Jeremiah, a boy, who is taken from his foster parents to live with his drug-addicted, prostitute mother Sarah and along the way has sex with Marilyn Manson, gets raped and molested several times, and at one point becomes a Christian!. A very squicky film to say the least.
Tropes Seen in The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things:
- Abusive Parents: Sarah although she would have won a mother of the year award compared to the book.
- Sarah's parents were also abusive to her.
- An Aesop: Some foster parents are more caring than bilogical ones.
- From a Certain Point of View: Meta example. The film is based on an autobiographical novel by teenaged author JT LeRoy. Except that LeRoy turned out to be thirtysomething female Laura Albert.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Marilyn Manson plays a heartwarming role as someone who willingly is seduced by and has sex with a 11 year old boy.