Film: The Children
The Children (2008) is a British horror film. Whilst on holiday, parents Jonah, Elaine, Chloe and Robbie notice that their young children are beginning to act odd after they become ill with an unknown virus. The children then begin to exhibit violent behavior that quickly escalates to murder.The cast mostly consists of Hey, It's That Guy!.
The Children provides examples of the following tropes:
- Creepy Child: All of the children but Leah especially.
- Downer Ending
- The End of the World as We Know It: More than likely. It appears that the illness is widespread and probably uncurable.
- Enfant Terrible
- Idiot Ball: Chloe
- Infant Immortality: Subverted. Of the four younger children only one is still alive at the end.
- Genre Savvy: Casey not only cottons onto what is happening fairly fast, she does what she has to survive and protect her mother.
- Jerk Ass: Jonah, who runs off with his youngest daughter while abandoning his wife and step daughter. YMMV however. Considering the events of the movie solely from his point of view, this can also be a case of Jerk Ass Has A Point.
- Killem All: With the exception of Elaine and Casey, everyone is dead by the final scene.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Jonah. He isn't successful.
- Sequel Hook: Elaine and the more than likely now infected Casey driving away.
- The Plague