is a documentary IMAX movie directed by Jean-Jacques Mantello, who had been directing many other 3D documentary movies. As the title suggests, the film follows the sharks and all the other creatures of the ocean as the sharks interact with them. Narrating the entire encounter with the various sharks is a turtle (yes, you read that right) as if the story were told through the perspective of a turtle. The turtle follows around the various sharks and comments on them.
Tropes found in this movie:
- 3-D Movie
- Big Damn Hero: The sharks kept pestering the baby dolphin and its mother, and appeared likely to succeed. But then another dolphin came to their rescue.
- Civilized Animal: Probably unintentional, but the turtle could be considered one, given that it knows all about the nature around it (like the food chains) but it also lives like all other turtles.
- Double Standard: The narrator talked about this in saying that the sharks could be compared to the lions or tigers of the sea, and yet while the lions have a positive image among humans, sharks were feared as savage predators.
- Green Aesop
- Mama Bear: Subverted. The dolphin mother kept the sharks from attacking her baby, but it looks like the sharks would be able to get the baby dolphin as a meal. That is, until another dolphin came to its rescue.
- Mundane Made Awesome: The movie lives on this. The entire movie is mostly sharks swimming around, and yet there is epic music going on all the time.