A 2002 movie directed by Zoe Clarke-Williams. Poor girl
Alicia, attending a ritzy private university, falls in with three privileged and amoral students
, led by Hadley
. When Alicia suffers a near-fatal overdose at a party, the local acting sheriff is called in to conduct a "discreet" investigation.
Critics were not kind to this So Okay, It's Average
movie, which somewhat resembles a poor man's Mulholland Drive
. There's a definite resemblance between the leads of the two movies.
The movie provides examples of:
- Attention Whore: Hadley
- Black and Nerdy: Sheriff Bonner
- Daddy's Girl: Hadley, although her father has started withholding financial help until she improves her grades.
- Girl Posse: Hadley, Sidney and Julianne
- Love Dodecahedron
- Manipulative Bitch: Alicia. One of the first things we see her do is cry for her financial aid adviser. It's all downhill from there.
- Psycho Lesbian: One of the suspects is Sidney, whom Alicia manipulated into sleeping with her. Subverted in that she isn't the killer.
- Scholarship Student: Alicia
- Yandere: Hadley who acts out when Alicia makes a move on her boyfriend but only really loses it when Alicia steals her father's affections, although other characters have elements of this.