Film: Lone Wolf McQuade
Lone Wolf McQuade is an action film from 1983, starring Chuck Norris and David Carradine.A lone wolf Texas Ranger finds himself at odds with a powerful drug lord. Lots of people get shot and beaten to bloody pulp.The film would later serve as an inspiration for Walker, Texas Ranger.
This film has the examples of:
- Arms Dealer: Rawley Wilkes is an arms dealer who raids U.S. military convoys so he can sell them to insurgents and terrorists.
- Big Bad: Rawley.
- Buried Alive: Rawley orders his mooks to bury the badly beaten McQuade alive, using his own truck as his coffin. But he manages to escape his earthly prison by showering himself with beer and engaging the Nitro Boost in his car.
- Depraved Dwarf: Falcon, a wheelchair-bound dwarf, plays with this. He's not the primary villain, being a rival arms dealer who enters an Enemy Mine with Ranger McQuade after Rawley Wilkes betrays him. He's obviously amoral however, so in the end McQuade doesn't kill him but still leaves him behind for the Mexican authorities to find.
- Heroes Love Dogs
- Improbable Aiming Skills: As McQuade showers bandits with bullets from Mac-10, he somehow manages not to hit their horses and hostages.
- Kick the Dog: Rawley kills McQuade's dog to spite him.
- Men Can't Keep House: After McQuade strikes up a romance with Lola, she shows up in his neglected house and proceeds to clean up after him and get him some decent food. He brushes her off at first, but when she takes it badly he apologizes for acting like a jerk.
- Mirrored Confrontation Shot: Used on the poster.
- New Old West
- Ominous Pipe Organ: "The Final Conflict", which plays in the final showdown between Chuck Norris and David Carradine in Lone Wolf McQuade
- Papa Wolf: You can beat him, shoot him, bury him alive, and shoot his dog and maybe survive, but if you hurt his daughter, you will open the whole can of Chuck Norris whoopass.
- Shoot The Fuel Tank: The fuel tank explosion is justified, as the opening scene has McQuade loading his sniper rifle from an ammunition case of 7.62mm Armor-Piercing Incendiary rounds.