- Bi the Way: The Woman enjoys porn only featuring women.
- Broken Bird: Both the leads fall under this trope.
- Deadpan Snarker: The Woman" is one of these.
- Drugs Are Bad: One of the main character is a now clean former drug abuser.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: And how.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: The male lead and his coworkers.
- Hollywood Personality Disorders: "The Woman" shows many features of Avoidant Personality Disorder: hypersensitivity to rejection/criticism, self-imposed social isolation, extreme anxiety in social situations, though the person feels a strong desire for close relationships, avoids physical contact because it has been associated with an unpleasant or painful stimulus, self-loathing, mistrust of others, and emotional distancing related to intimacy. She also shows symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder who is frequently concurrent with Avoidant Personality Disorde.
- Inter-Class Romance: The Woman has a lot of money while The Man is basically homeless. She accuses him of using of for her money to push him away emotionally.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Features a male version of this trope, but unlike most examples he is given his own problems and inner life.
- The Movie Buff: One of the main characters is one of these. He even brags about his ability to pick out movies for others. Unsurprisingly he works in a video store.
- No Name Given: The two main characters are never named, and are credited as The Man and The Woman.
- No Social Skills: The Woman is a great example of this trope.
- Toplessness from the Back: The Woman is shown this way when taking a shower and when The Man washes her hair.
- Parental Incest: The Woman is revealed to be a survivor of this type of abuse.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: The Woman gives one of these to The Man, but it's obvious that she doesn't mean it and is just trying to push him away.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: The Man
- The Woobie: Both of the main characters.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: The Man repeatedly tries to convince The Woman this.
Film / Good Dick
Good Dick is a 2008 movie that takes a look at the relationship between a lonely introverted girl and a young video store clerk vying for her attention. It is shown in competition at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival.