Film: Ghost in the Machine
Ghost in the Machine
(also known as Deadly Terror
) is a 1993 sci-fi horror film about a Serial Killer
who comes Back from the Dead
after a hospital accident fried his brain to continue his murder spree beyond the grave as an electrical being.
This film provides examples of:
- Digitized Hacker: After becoming an electrical entity, Hochmann is able to use electronic appliances to continue killing victims.
- Hack the Traffic Lights: One of the Hochmann's attempted murders involves hacking traffic lights to cause accidents.
- Lightning Can Do Anything: A lightning strike at a hospital overloads an MRI machine, which kills the injured Serial Killer currently inside it and creates a Virtual Ghost from his mind.
- Serial Killer: Karl Hochman starts out as a mundane example who finds victims from address books, untill lightning strike overloading the MRI machine her is in ends up visualizing him. He then becomes a digital ghost who travels through computer networks, overloading electronic appliances, such as turning a hairdryer into a flamethrower.
- Virtual Ghost: There's one who's created accidentally in the present day, when a seriously injured Serial Killer is in an MRI machine which is overloaded by a lightning strike. This also conveniently fries and kills the physical body. The resulting electronic consciousness is able to travel through power lines and kills people by manipulating and overloading electronic appliances, such as turning a hairdryer into a flamethrower.