Dinoshark is (yet another) Sy Fy Channel Original Movie. Produced by Roger Corman, it first aired in March 2010. It is reportedly a remake of the the 1979 movie Up From The Depths, though obviously also inspired by the Dinocroc movies Corman also made recently for SyFy.In the film, a prehistoric creature resembling a shark with a tyrannosaurus head that had somehow gotten frozen alive in a glacier, is released when it melts. Three years later, it starts attacking people and boats off the popular tourist town of Puerto Vallarta, in Mexico. The protagonist, an American named Trace, tries to convince the locals of the monster's existence.
- America Saves the Day: You'd think they would let the Mexicans do it for once.
- Artistic License – Biology: The Dinoshark is supposed to be a Pliosauroid of some kind, but the Rule of Cool is clearly in effect (such as with the armor skin).
- Fanservice: Lots of attractive girls and guys in beachwear.
- Gorn: It's pretty gory for a TV movie.
- Harmless Freezing: As with several other shark monsters from movies of similar quality, the Dinoshark lives through the millennia in suspended animation inside an iceberg, and once it's released it's at full killing capacity.
- Made of Iron: The Dinoshark except in its eyes.
- Pre-Ass-Kicking One-Liner: Said by Trace's girlfriend, not him.
- Sequel Hook: As expected for a movie of this kind, another dinoshark is seen escaping from the glacier in the end.
- South of the Border
- Special Effects Failure: The SFX aren't that bad, but in some scenes just look fake.
- Super-Persistent Predator