Film / Dinosaurus
A 1960 Dinosaur movie.
Dinosaurs are blasted up from the ocean off of a Caribbean island. Frozen solid, they are brought to shore and revived by lightning. They proceed to run amok, along with a Caveman who was frozen along with them. The islanders are soon cut off from outside help and must survive the night.
- Artistic License – Geography: Freezing cold currents in the Caribbean.
- All Cavemen Were Neanderthals: The Caveman is pretty clearly a Neanderthal.
- Big Fun: Dumpy. Yes, that is the character's name.
- A Boy and His X: Julio pals around with the Brontosaurus and the caveman for quite a bit.
- Contemporary Caveman: The Caveman, one of the earliest in movies. Easily the funniest parts of the movie are him dealing with things like wax fruit and mirrors.
- Damsel in Distress: Betty.
- The Ditz: Jasper.
Hacker: "...I didn't know you were an anthropologist."
Jasper: "Uh, not a very good one. I mean, I haven't been to church in years."
- Despair Event Horizon: Julio crosses it after the Caveman does his Heroic Sacrifice and the apparent death of the Brontosaurus at the teeth of the Rex.
- Dumb Dinos: The T. rex is a marauding monster while the Brontosaurus is more friendly but dim.
- The End... Or Is It?: The T Rex is knocked back into the cold water at the end of the movie and the movie implies that it's still not dead.
- Fish Out of Temporal Water: The Caveman does not understand modern day life, which makes him one of the most endearing characters in the whole movie.
- Grievous Bottley Harm: Subverted, the bottle breaks in Hacker's hand when he tries to make it deadlier, cutting him badly.
- Human Popsicle: The Caveman and the Dinosaurs.
- Heroic Sacrifice: The Caveman chooses to save his friends by holding up the collapsing mine. He doesn't make it out.
- Jerkass: Hacker.
- Morality Chain: Julio to the Caveman.
- Misplaced Wildlife: The Dinosaurs and Caveman are not from that part of the world nor were they contemporaneous.
- Mr. Exposition: The boy, Julio, knows everything about dinosaurs and if he doesn't know something, he asks a question about it, causing others to exposit.
- Prehistoric Monster: The T Rex is a killing machine. Racking an (off screen) body count of at least a dozen.
- Quicksand Sucks: up the poor Brontosaurus.
- Reality Ensues: Hacker tries to break a wine bottle to use as an impromptu weapon and ends up slashing his own hand open.
- Rip Van Winkle: The Dinosaurs, but especially the Caveman. This trope is also discussed with the Caveman.
- Say My Name: A LOT.
- Stock Dinosaurs: Tyrannosaurus rex and a "Brontosaurus"
- Stop Motion: The Dinosaurs, when not done by puppetry.
- Title Drop: "Sound the Alarm! Dinosaurus!"
- Those Two Bad Guys: Hackers men, Mousey and Jasper.