Delirium is an Argentine 2014 film featuring Ricardo Darín as... Ricardo Darín.A group of 3 losers want to make money, a lot of money. One of them saw the success of a movie and got an idea: film an amateur movie just by themselves, and get millions and millions. If the latest Hollywood blockbuster is such a success and gets so much money, why not them? Somehow, they manage to get a meeting with Ricardo Darín, who thought it was all about a project for an acting school. And when he thought that one of those losers was a relative of one of his friend, he agreed to take part in the film.Those losers killed Darín in a very stupid accident. A nationwide commotion demanded an explanation for the sudden absence of Darín, and they forged a "goodbye" tape to avoid that a potential investigation leads to them. Everybody takes it as true, so they go a step further, and forge a new tape, where Darín would be asking for a million dollars. Now, it is suspected that Darín has been kidnapped, and the national chaos goes to the roof...
Delirium contains examples of:
- Alternate History: This film was made in 2014, when the president of Argentina was Cristina Fernández de Kirchner. But, within the film, the president is Susana Giménez.
- And Then What?: A constant problem of their master plan. What if Darín actually accepted to work with them? They need more than just a camera and an actor to make a film: they need a script, a setting, a cast... and that's just to begin with.
- Do Not Adjust Your Set: Amid the chaos and crisis, the president of Argentina adress the nation with a "cadena nacional". But that president was not precisely Cristina Kirchner...
- Newscaster Cameo: The death of Ricardo Darín is a news topic discussed at ALL the Argentinian news broadcasters, with cameos of their actual news anchors.
- One-Word Title
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: The forged video makes it seem as if Ricardo Darín had simply left the country, without telling anyone where will he go.
- Something We Forgot: Nobody knows that Darín had been filming with those guys, so nobody should suspect that they killed him. Nobody... except for that hot waitress at the bar. What if she goes to the police and talks? So, they had to forge a video with a last goodbye.
- Tomato Surprise: Guess who is the president of Argentina in this film...