Film / Decoys
Decoys is a movie about aliens that take the form of attractive, blond women. They're on the verge of dying out, and need to mate
. Unfortunately, the mating process drops their temperature below freezing, killing their partners. Fortunately they are vulnerable to heat
.The sequel, Decoys 2: Alien Seduction, continues in much the same vein.
This film contains examples of:
- Asshole Victim: Constance confessed her race operated this way at first, so that on the off-chance their hosts die, no one would care about them. Gibby being an example because it's implied by them that he mistreats women. Which is kinda true as he was on the phone bragging about having sex with Natasha, while having sex with Natasha.
- Bolivian Army Ending
- Subverted In 2 since Luke survived the encounter with Alex.
- Bizarre Alien Biology
- Canada, Eh?: It's a plot point, believe it or not.
- Cassandra Truth
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: They have green skin, and they look like babes...just not at the same time.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners
- Hidden Depths: Roger. At first he seemed to just wanted to get laid, but when Constance confesses her secret and mission, he willingly goes through with it. This was because he always wanted to be a father.
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique
- Lack of Empathy: It seems at first that the aliens don't care that they killed as anything more than a mere nuance since, they need their hosts alive to have their spawn. Subverted with Constance, when she fell in love with Roger. It doesn't help him survive, but Constance really felt bad about what she did to him.
- Mars Needs Women: The gender swapped version.
- The Power of Love: subverted
- Red Herring: Two. The first one being the Sorority leader, Vikki Vickers but it turned out she was not only human, she didn't know her fellow "sisters" were aliens or killed people. The second was that Luke thought all the alien women were blondes. The last one in the movie, Alex, proved him wrong.