Film: Death Warmed Up
Death Warmed Up (also known as Death Warmed Over) is a horror film from 1985.On a remote island, one Dr. Howell is studying to find a way to defeat the permanence of death. He is about to be confronted by young man from his past, who is out for revenge.
This film has the examples of:
- Asian Store-Owner: Ranji, wo runs the sole store in the island.
- An Axe to Grind: Spider kills Lucas with an axe.
- Bedlam House: The facility where Michael was locked in was a dirty place where nurses had no qualms about roughing up their patients.
- Closed Circle: After the ferry leaves, there is no easy way out of the island.
- The Heavy: While Dr. Howell is the story's instigator and the Big Bad, his flunky Spider drives most of the plot in his pursuit of the main characters.
- I Love the Smell of X in the Morning: As Spider watches Lucas and Jeannie getting it on in their car, he quips: "I love the smell of blonde pussy in the morning."
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Lucas tricks one of the two bikers who are chasing the main characters to crash his bike, and getting impaled on an iron bar.
- Neck Snap: Spider creeps on an unsuspecting guard, and twists his neck. He then releases all the patients in the clinic and sics them after the main characters.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Dr. Howell's resurrected patients live on borrowed time, and melt away if they are not continually treated.
- Self-Made Orphan: Enforced. Dr. Howell brainwashed Michael to kill his parents with a shotgun.
- Shower Scene: Dr. Howell convinces Michael to take a shower, and uses it as an opportunity to stick a syringe on his arse. Then its off to the brainwashing chair.
- Surprisingly Sudden Death: As Michael goes through a Heroic BSOD about winning over the bad guys in the ending, power lines near him suddenly break loose and electrocute him to death. Sandy is almost as shocked about it as he is.
- Time Skip: After spending seven years in the mental facility, Michael gets out, and wants Revenge.
- Undeathly Pallor: Dr. Howell's undead patients, who gradually turn from pale to green if not treated accordingly.
- Vertigo Effect: Used on Dr. Howell when he notices the young Michael eavesdropping him and his collague Professor Tucker, Michael's father.