Dark Floors is a 2008 horror film featuring the members of Finnish monster band Lordi as the villains.Group of people board an elevator in a hospital, and when they arrive on the next floor, they discover that the hospital is now empty. Soon after, they are being attacked by various monsters.
This film has the examples of:
- Abandoned Hospital: The floor where the cast is stuck in appears as an empty hospital.
- And Show It to You/Beat Still, My Heart: The mummy Amen rips out the Jonathan's heart and shows it to him.
- C.A.T. Trap: Sarah is put into a CT machine and shortly thereafter begins to freak out. It's also where she starts when the monsters make the night start over again, something only she can remember.
- Creepy Child: Sarah, due to reliving her father's death over and over again.
- Hellevator: Things are normal until the elevator the characters are in starts acting up, trapping them between floor six and seven — "Not Hell, not Heaven".
- I'm Cold... So Cold...: Tobias spends most of the movie being "cold", as well as coming back as a zombie to save Sarah.Tobias: I'm not cold anymore, Sarah
- Make Me Wanna Shout: The monster portrayed by Lordi's then-keyboardist Awa is a ghost with a glass-breaking screech. Tobias refers to her as "the Scream Queen", and she is the only one given an in-movie name.
- The Movie: Some releases of the film comes with the subtitle The Lordi Motion Picture.
- Mummy: Lordi's guitarist Amen, who has the power to create sandstorms out of thin air.
- Nightmare Fuel Coloring Book: Sarah draws stylized versions of the monsters that attack the group—before the attacks happen. She also tends to draw constant circles which symbolize the fact that she's been living the events of the movie over and over again for an indefinite number of loops while the monsters try to convince her to come with them.
- The Reveal: Events of the film are a "Groundhog Day" Loop.
- Waif Prophet: Sarah prophetizes things to come during her mad ramblings because she's lived all this before—in fact, living in that time loop is what's driven her mad to begin with.