Film: Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror
The fifth installment of Children of the Corn series, released in 1998.A group of friends are driving through Nebraska until they get stuck in the town of Divinity Falls due to a car accident. Then they run afoul of a cult of murderous children.
This film has the examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Allison's father was an abusive drunk.
- Ashes to Crashes: The main characters are on a road trip to deliver their late friend Kirk's ashes, but a car accident causes them to be spilt all over Kir.
- Big Bad: Ezeekial, the Dark Messiah of the cult.
- Chainsaw Good: Tyrus puts a chainsaw to good use to attack the children.
- Creepy Child: Ezeekial, and his cohorts.
- Dead All Along: Luke, who is presented as the leader of the cult since he is the only adult in its premises. When the charade is over, he burns away.
- Demonic Possession: Ezeekial is possessed by He Who Walks Behind The Rows in the opening. A series of murders soon follows.
- The Dragon: Ezeekial pretends to be just Luke's right hand man.
- Driven to Suicide: Turns out that Kirk's death wasn't an accident, it was suicide.
- Gilligan Cut: After Tyrus angrily refuses to stay in the town any longer, the next cut shows him walking with others and complaining about "sticking together".
- Hooks and Crooks: Ezeekial attacks Allison with a hook in the climax.
- Human Sacrifice: Cult members who turn eighteen must sacrifice themselves to the fire that burns in the corn silo.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: One of the children falls on a tractor's harrows.
- Man on Fire: Two firemen are set set aflame when they attempt to extinguish the fire in the silo.
- Mind over Matter: Ezeekial lifts Mr. O'Brien up in the air with his powers, and a lightning bolt strikes him.
- Numbered Sequels
- Sinister Scythe: The children carry sickles and scythes.
- Slashed Throat: One deputy gets his throat slit.
- Stock Sound Effects:
- Castle Thunder can be heard early in the film.
- The Red-tailed Hawk scream can be heard when Lazlo is running through a cornfield.
- Taking You with Me: Greg blows himself up to take out two cultists attacking him.
Children of the Corn IV: The Gathering Franchise/Children of the Corn Children of the Corn 666: Isaac's Return