Film: Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror
The fifth installment of Children of the Corn
series, released in 1998.
A group of friends are driving through Nebraska until they get stuck in the town of Divinity Falls due to a car accident. Then they run afoul by a cult of murderous children.
This film has the examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Allison's father was an abusive drunk.
- Ashes to Crashes: The main characters are on a road trip to deliver their late friend Kirk's ashes, but a car accident causes them getting spilt all over Kir.
- Big Bad: Ezeekial, the Dark Messiah of the cult.
- Chainsaw Good: Tyrus puts a chainsaw is to use to attack the children.
- Creepy Child: Ezeekial, and his cohorts.
- Dead All Along: Luke, who is positioned as the leader of the cult since he is the only adult in its premises. When the charade is over, he burns away.
- Demonic Possession: Ezeekial is possessed by He Who Walks Behind The Rows in the opening. Series of murders soon follows.
- The Dragon: Ezeekial pretends to be jsut Luke's right hand man.
- Driven to Suicide: Turns out that Kirk's death wasn't an accident, it was suicide.
- Gilligan Cut: After Tyrus angrily refuses to stay in the town any longer, the next cut shows walking with others and complaining about "sticking together".
- Hooks and Crooks: Ezeekial attacks Allison with a hook in the climax.
- Human Sacrifice: Cult members who turn eighteen must sacrifice themselves to the fire that burns in the corn silo.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: One of the children falls on tractor harrows.
- Man on Fire: Two firemen are set set aflame when they attempt to extinguish the fire in the silo.
- Mind over Matter: Ezeekial lifts Mr. O'Brien up in the air with his powers, and a lightning bolt strikes him.
- Numbered Sequels
- Sinister Scythe: The children carry sickles and scythes.
- Slashed Throat: One deputy gets his throat slit.
- Stock Sound Effects:
- Castle Thunder can be heard early in the film.
- Red-tailed Hawk scream can be heard when Lazlo is running through a cornfield.
- Taking You with Me: Greg blows himself up to take out two cultists attacking him.