Fanfic / Saki After Story
Saki After Story
is a Saki
fanfic by Mr. Fanfic Guy
The fic takes place after the finals, in which Saki defeats her sister Teru. Her joy is short-lived, however, as Teru flies into a rage and attacks Saki, as well as Nodoka when she comes to help. The incident results in Teru being arrested and Saki and Nodoka being sent to the hospital.
The fic is currently on hiatus.
Also see The Day Everything Changed
, Holiday Vacation
and Lucky Star After Story
, by the same author.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Ax-Crazy: Teru - just look at all the other tropes related to her in this fic.
- Berserk Button: For Teru, it’s Saki claiming to be her sister.
- Blatant Lies: The term is used verbatim to describe Teru's denying that Saki is her sister.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Teru is assumed by the announcers to have beaten up Saki over losing to her. It’s actually because she tried to talk to her and keeps claiming that she's her sister, which still counts.
- Early Installment Weirdness: In the first chapter, mahjong is seemingly treated as a two-player game (Saki and Teru face each other, with Saki winning 112,000 points to Teru's 110,000), and Saki and Nodoka are on a Last Name Basis, as opposed to the First Name Basis they adopted in the training camp between the prefecturals and the nationals, at the end of the first anime series.
- Girl with Psycho Weapon: Teru, who wields a boxcutter and a pipe.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Teru goes ballistic at even the slightest mention of Saki.
- Heel Realization: Teru goes through one after beating Saki up.
- Hot-Blooded: Teru. She nearly attacks Sumire (who is shorter tempered than in canon) in their argument over whether Saki is Teru’s sister.
- Ill Girl: Toki and Yuu, as in canon. Toki getting appendicitis and Yuu getting pneumonia after falling in a pond send both to the hospital around the same time as Saki and Nodoka.
- Implausible Deniability: Teru keeps on denying that Saki is her sister, even though Sumire knows for a fact that they are sisters.
- Lemony Narrator: The author’s notes in the middle of the story have this effect.
- Love Confession: Nodoka to Saki in the hospital. Saki accepts.
- Mama Didn't Raise No Criminal: The Miyanagas react this way after learning about Teru's attacking Saki.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Teru says this almost word for word, after Sumire reminds her of Saki being her sister. She falls into “a state of semi-shock”, and remains that way when she’s arrested.
Teru: Oh my god! What the fuck have I done?
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Teru to Saki and Nodoka, sending both to the hospital.
- Obligatory Swearing: Fairly common for Teru, even in casual conversation, such as after Teru hears that the tournament won't start until noon.
Teru: “But I want to kick some ass”
Sumire: “You know, maybe you’ll run into your sister.”
Sumire: “Quit bullshitting, Teru.”
- Oh Crap!: Saki and the narrator’s reaction to seeing that Teru is armed.
- Precision F-Strike: While there’s quite a bit of swearing in this fic, Sumire’s yelling at Teru in response to catching her beating up Saki and Nodoka, is the biggest example of this.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: Teru’s “I. Do. Not. Have. A. Sister!”
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Teru gets this from Sumire when Sumire catches her beating up Saki and Nodoka
: WHAT THE FUCK
IS WRONG WITH YOU?! Do you realize what you’ve just done?! […] And it was your own sister you did this to!
Teru: For the last time, she is not my sister! She never was my sister! I never had a sister!
Sumire: That is utter bullshit! I’ve had enough of your lying! I have obtained proof from your mother and father that Saki is your sister! And what you just did to her and her friend is absolutely inexcusable!
- Said Bookism: The author almost never uses “said”.
- Sore Loser: In-universe, Teru is assumed to be a particularly extreme case of this after attacking Saki.
- This Is Unforgivable!: Sumire and Eri’s reactions to Teru beating up Saki.
- Unstoppable Rage: Teru when meeting with Saki. It takes the rest of the members of both the Kiyosumi and the Shiraitodai teams to restrain her.