Fanfic / Holiday Vacation
is the second part of a 3 fanfic Konata and Kagami story arc, which was written by Mr. Fanfic Guy
. It ended up coming right between The Day Everything Changed
and Lucky Star After Story
. The first chapter was uploaded on May 12, 2011 and the final chapter was published on November 10, 2011, completing an 18 chapter run. Four days later, the first chapter of Lucky Star: After Story was uploaded.The story begins on Friday December 21, 2007 and ends on Friday January 4, 2008
, taking place about 2½ years after the events of The Day Everything Changed. As the title implies, the story is about the adventures the girls have on their Christmas break
Konata and Kagami have now been dating for about 2 years, and their relationship has become common knowledge, a popular topic amongst the students. And there are romantic feelings beginning to blossom between 2 other pairings in the story, in this case, Yutaka and Minami, and Tsukasa and Miyuki.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Berserk Button: Kagami comes very close to punching Misao when the latter speaks ill of Konata. Fortunately, Ayano successfully played peacekeeper.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Yutaka was extremely hesitant to confess to Minami. Subverted in that Minami also couldn't spit it out.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin
- Lighter and Softer: Compared to The Day Everything Changed, this fanfic is more light-hearted relying more on romance and comedy. It also has a K+ rating (PG) on Fanfiction.net, compared to a T rating (PG-13) for The Day Everything Changed.
- Official Couple: Konata and Kagami, and later Yutaka and Minami and Tsukasa and Miyuki.
- Original Characters: Mariko Aratani and Chiyoko Sakamoto are both first mentioned in Chapter 5, and they were officially introduced in Chapter 11.
- Ayaka Suzuki and Nanami Tanaka also return in this story after being introduced in The Day Everything Changed.
- Shout-Out: Numerous to movies and television series:
- In chapter 1, Konata says that she and the gang will be seeing the Manga/Bleach film, Diamond Dust Rebellion, which was released at the time of the story's setting. They do indeed see it in Chapter 6 along with a few other friends.
- In chapter 2, Konata and Patricia briefly discuss episode 12 of Visual Novel/CLANNAD, and how sad it was. The author's notes at the end of the chapter touch upon this, even mentioning Kotomi's breakdown.
- Later in the fic, Tsukasa and Miyuki see I Am Legend, while Konata and Kagami see a Super Sentai film.
- True Companions: Mariko and Chiyoko.