After the Fifth Angel is destroyed, Rei is confronted with new possibilities...and a gift from Lilith.Superwomen of Eva: Lilith's Herald
is another Superwomen of Eva
story by orionpax09
. It stars Rei Ayanami as the Silver Surfer
Having had enough of the conspiracies involving the misuse of her power, Lilith resolves to set into motion a way to stop it. And that way is Rei Ayanami, by granting her the power to act against them as the Silver Surfer
Currently under construction. Please add tropes as you see them!
This Superwomen of Eva story contains examples of the following:
- Abusive Parent: Gendo. What a shock.
- Cross Over: Spirit, who has the same origin as her own story, although she goes through some drastic changes here as a result of Surfer's assistance.
- Cryptic Conversation: Lilith rarely gives direct advice.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Matarael is quickly dispatched by the Surfer.
- Enemy Mine: Done by Surfer and Storm at one point.
- Fantastic Racism: Asuka is very mistrusting of all the Angelic powered humans. This could just be her excuse for hating that they steal her thunder.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: Surfer is nearly destroyed by Asuka, but is saved by this.
- Healing Factor: Most of the heroes.
- Logical Weakness: The Board is Rei's power source, and she has to be in physical contact with it to become the Silver Surfer. If she loses contact with it, she loses her superhuman powers.
- The Mentor: Lilith to Surfer, and Spirit. On the opposite side, Gendo looks like he's trying to become this to Asuka, since she hates the heroes and is willing to attack them.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Rei tries to end everything early by killing Adam before it even arrives in Tokyo-3. Unfortunately this both gets her marked to be destroyed immediately by Gendo, and drives the Angels into a frenzy, who now have no clear goal besides attacking humanity because Adam is gone.
- Not So Different: Rei thinks this of Pen-Pen, since they were both artificially created for a specific purpose, and is initially astonished that Shinji and Misato would accept Pen-Pen as being as 'real' as they are.
- Power Copying: Spirit finally gets to make use of this power, after not doing so in her original story.
- Refusal of the Call: Rei isn't interested in being the Surfer at first. When Misato is nearly killed in the Jet Alone disaster which Rei had known would happen in advance due to Gendo telling her about it, Shinji is grief-stricken, blaming himself for what happened. When Rei sees this, she changes her mind.
- Running Gag: Rei being a comically hard actress to deal with during the Omake. Examples include:
- Swiss Army Superpower: Rei's board is capable of creating clothes, food, and other objects, even creating an exact double of her. It is also capable of transmuting matter, something that proves useful when the Silver Surfer repairs Misato's damaged car.
- Transformation Trinkets: The Angelic Arms, which include Rei's board.