Fanfic / Superwomen of Eva: Lilith's Herald
After the Fifth Angel is destroyed, Rei is confronted with new possibilities...and a gift from Lilith.Superwomen of Eva: Lilith's Herald
is another Superwomen of Eva
story by orionpax09
. It stars Rei Ayanami as the Silver Surfer
Having had enough of the conspiracies involving the misuse of her power, Lilith resolves to set into motion a way to stop it. And that way is Rei Ayanami, by granting her the power to act against them as the Silver Surfer
- Abusive Parent: Gendo. What a shock.
- Crossover: Spirit, who has the same origin as her own story, although she goes through some drastic changes here as a result of Surfer's assistance.
- Cryptic Conversation: Lilith rarely gives direct advice.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Matarael is quickly dispatched by the Surfer.
- Enemy Mine: Done by Surfer and Storm at one point.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: Surfer is nearly destroyed by Asuka, but is saved by this.
- Healing Factor: Most of the heroes.
- Kick the Dog: Gendo's thug Chiron gives this treatment to Shinji by literally kicking him in the side. Making this even worse is that Chiron had already spent a considerable amount of time brutalizing and torturing Shinji under Gendo's orders, and he's already severely injured to the point where he can't even move.
- Logical Weakness: The Board is Rei's power source, and she has to be in physical contact with it to become the Silver Surfer. If she loses contact with it, she loses her superhuman powers.
- Make an Example of Them: Gendo already crosses the Moral Event Horizon by asking Section-2 to beat the living hell out of Shinji because he spoke against him and his standing order to kill the Superwomen instead of asking for their help, but he then goes even further by ordering Chiron to parade Shinji's unconscious, devastated body all over NERV Headquarters, while announcing that this is what anybody who speaks against Gendo's orders will be looking forward to (and then dumps him at the Katsuragi apartment after giving orders to all doctors in the Hakone area to not attend Shinji for a couple of days, or else he will do that to them).
- The Mentor: Lilith to Surfer, and Spirit.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Rei tries to end everything early by killing Adam before it even arrives in Tokyo-3. Unfortunately this both gets her marked to be destroyed immediately by Gendo, and drives the Angels into a frenzy, who now have no clear goal besides attacking humanity because Adam is gone.
- Not So Different: Rei thinks this of Pen-Pen, since they were both artificially created for a specific purpose, and is initially astonished that Shinji and Misato would accept Pen-Pen as being as 'real' as they are.
- Power Copying: Spirit finally gets to make use of this power, after not doing so in her original story.
- Refusal of the Call: Rei isn't interested in being the Surfer at first. When Misato is nearly killed in the Jet Alone disaster which Rei had known would happen in advance due to Gendo telling her about it, Shinji is grief-stricken, blaming himself for what happened. When Rei sees this, she changes her mind.
- Running Gag: Rei being a comically hard actress to deal with during the Omake. Examples include:
- Swiss-Army Superpower: Rei's board is capable of creating clothes, food, and other objects, even creating an exact double of her. It is also capable of transmuting matter, something that proves useful when the Silver Surfer repairs Misato's damaged car.
- Transformation Trinket: The Angelic Arms, which include Rei's board.