Fanfic / Ruskbytes Culture Shock
by Ruskbyte is an unfinished The Culture/Harry Potter
Diziet Sma, Special Circumstances agent, and her drone Skaffen-Amtiskaw arrive on Earth in search of the human that somehow managed to access both layers of the Grid, a search that takes them to the doorstep of Number Four Privet Drive.
Fast forward ten years. It is time for Harry to return to Hogwarts, a journey he is not eager to go on...Dead Fic
as of 2008.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Berserk Button: Harry goes berserk with rage when he discovers that the Sorting Hat was reading his mind, since mental privacy is just about the only thing the Culture holds sacred.
- Beware the Honest Ones: McGonagall's bluntness is described as harder for Sma to deflect than Dumbledore's playing of games.
- Heroic BSOD: Harry after the troll is destroyed with effectors, causing Ludicrous Gibs.
- Not a Game:
Sorting Hat: This is not some silly little game, Potter;
- Outside-Context Villain: Despite the Culture's desire to dismiss Wizarding Britain as primitives, the wizards do things with magic that even their incredible grasp of science has no explanation for.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!:
Sorting Hat: I have been here for a thousand years and have Sorted every single student to ever attend this school. Every. Single. Student.
- Shut Up, Kirk!:
Sorting Hat: Do not presume to laud your own moral superiority over me, Potter, the Hat warned.