Forged In Fire Includes examples of
- Be All My Sins Remembered: Bones. The only reason he joined the Imperial Guard was because, as a Gang leader, he lead an operation resulting in the deaths of many of his closest friends. His trademark Revolver was, in fact, belonging to his best friend. It was sent to him from beyond the grave.
- Birds of a Feather: Bones and Kyla end up dating towards the end of the fiction, admitting they both had feelings for the other. They even share a Now or Never Kiss.Too bad Bones goes and gets himself killed...
- Bond One-Liner: Brutis Bones says this after he shoots a knife wielding blood pact;“Never bring a knife to a gun fight.” *Never Tell Me the Odds: Said between Bones and Cearul towards the end of the FictionCearul; "Heavy Artillery mounted high on the Fortress. Out of reach for us. Heavy Flak Cannons on the Fortress prevent air support. The fortifications of the Fortress make it extremely hard to impossible to use counter-battery fire. Long and short, our odds? I'd go for a million to none."Bones; "Never tell me the odds. I make my own."
- He Didn't Make It: Said to Kyla after Bones' untimely demise.
- This is, of course followed by Kyla breaking down and crying, stating 'How could you die on me?' and punching Cearul square on the nose for first off, causing Bones' death by abandoning him to the mercy of a tank (Despite having the Anti-Tank weapons). Second for being so uncaring about the fact he was dead. And third, for making a move on Kyla.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: along with Anyone Can Die, to an almost George R.R. Martin-esque extent.
- Never Bring a Knife to a Gun Fight: Quoted verbatim. See Bond One-Liner, above.
- Sergeant Rock: Sergeant Cearul is the exemplary, although he could also be interpreted as more of a Drill Sergeant Nasty while Armsman Brutis 'Bones' Tybalt (Sergeant after Rapier's Failed Air Patrol) is more of a Sergeant Rock
- Sound Off: In the second part the Subponian recruits sing this little diddy;Subpono's flag is deepest red.It shrouded all our Attero dead.Before their limbs grew stiff and cold.Their heart's blood dyed it's ev'ry fold.Then raise Subpono's banner high.Beneath it's shade we'll live and die.So keep the faith and never fear.We'll keep the Red Flag flying here.We'll never die, we'll never die.We'll never die, we'll never die.We'll keep the Red flag flying high.'Cos The Imperium will never die.